Monday, April 9, 2012

Pink Truth: The Mary Kay Way: Burn Those Bridges

Pink Truth
Facts, opinions, and the real story behind Mary Kay Cosmetics.

The Mary Kay Way: Burn Those Bridges
Apr 9th 2012, 11:00
Written by SuzyQ

Burn those bridges, ladies!  It's the right thing to do!  Trust me!

Oh my.  Did anyone else hear those words in Mary Kay?  Of course you did, especially if you became one of the TOP TWO PERCENT IN THE ENTIRE WORLD (that would be a director, of course), or at least in [...]
I definitely feel like a broken record here.  

1. Does Mary Kay really encourage people to give up their licenses and such?
2. Why does "SuzyQ" insist on continuing to presume that you will fail at Mary Kay?
3. If I were asking a boss or professional to take time away from my position with them to renew credentials that had nothing to do with the work I was doing for them, you can sure bet they would at the very least frown on it.  "Do you work for me or "xyz" is the first question that I hear being asked.  I am guessing that they would be pretty neutral to the idea overall - so long as it didn't take away from my commitment to them, but to say they would actively encourage me to maintain my credentials is more than 'pushing the truth'.

So, burn your bridges or don't.  Only YOU should be the one to decide whether to leave them up or shut them down.  Don't let Mary Kay or Pink Truth tell you what to do with your bridges.

No comments:

Post a Comment