Friday, February 3, 2012

Pink Truth: Welcome to our Peer to Peer Interactive Vertically Aligned Retail Cooperative

Pink Truth
Facts, opinions, and the real story behind Mary Kay Cosmetics.
Welcome to our Peer to Peer Interactive Vertically Aligned Retail Cooperative
Feb 3rd 2012, 12:00
Written by Raisinberry

One of the reasons you are kicking yourself for joining Mary Kay is, you knew it was suspect from the beginning. You felt it in your gut but you swept that idea aside because you fell for the charisma and sincerity of your "presenter."

One of reasons you successfully got guests to [...]
In typical Pink Truth form, Raisinberry assumes, and loudly proclaims, that everyone in Mary Kay MUST be doing the same $#!7 she was doing.

And yes, Raisinberry, some of the things you list as "unethical" ARE simply useful sales techniques.  Some of them are questionable. Some are just dumb.  But it makes you look pretty silly when you don't differentiate between them and instead call all of them evil.

For instance, I don't like the fishbowl thing.  If I put my name in a fishbowl and you call me to tell me that I "won" but I didn't really "win" anything, you pretty much lost me already.  That may be true for some while others could care less.

Many of the techniques that you list though are meant to be tools to help you achieve what you suggest - honest dialog and helping your client get what they need.  They can be used as tools of manipulation or they can be used as tools to help.  How YOU use them is up to YOU.  The people teaching you can only show you how they work.  They cannot control how you use them.  That piece is up to you and you alone.  So, in my opinion, you are wrong.  It is not 50% your fault and 50% "their" fault.  It is 100% your fault.  Not that I blame you.  I believe we are all susceptible to doing wrong.  Just move on and don't repeat the mistake.

I also don't mind AT ALL that Pink Truth wants to shine a light on mistakes they made so that others don't do the same thing(s). What I do mind, and why I keep this blog, is when they assume that everyone involved in Mary Kay is doing the same thing they did. When they insist that Mary Kay corporate are intentionally allowing unethical behavior when they could easily stop it.  The UN Truth about "Pink Truth" is what keeps me here.  THEIR bold face lies and manipulations are what I intend to call out every day.

My message?  If you want to give Mary Kay a shot, do it.  If you don't, don't.  Hold YOUR integrity, your family, your faith tightly, make good decisions and if it works out for you, great!  If it doesn't, move on to the next chapter of your life.  Not everyone in Mary Kay is crazy, not everyone is sane.  Find someone that is sane (according to your definition of sanity!) and have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment