Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pink Truth: Milking the Cash Cows: NSD Linda Toupin’s Take on Money Management

Pink Truth
Facts, opinions, and the real story behind Mary Kay Cosmetics.
Milking the Cash Cows: NSD Linda Toupin's Take on Money Management
Feb 1st 2012, 12:00
Written by The Scribbler

It’s always fun to browse through Mary Kay NSD websites and see what constitutes "money management" training.  Naturally, when I came across the “Fall Retreat Money Management Slides” on NSD Linda Toupin’s website, I was interested.  “Wow, an NSD that's actually teaching her National Area how to avoid debt?  How nifty [...]
Scribbler makes some good points here and is entertaining as always.  Maybe.  I can't really understand her point through all her rhetoric.  It seems to me (for example) that she compares the $5500 benchmark for DIRECTORS to the stats for first 30 day consultant sales.  This should impress me that no one in her entire area is making $5500?  Because that is what I first thought.

Again, here is where I think Pink Truth (generically speaking) falls short on logic.  They seem to assume (or have assumed) that they would just sign up and instantly be selling $5500/month and taking home all that profit from month one.  It simply doesn't work like that.

I know there are people out there making it sound like you can expect these results - either intentionally or unintentionally - but c'mon people use a little common sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment