Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pink Truth: Little White Lies in Mary Kay

Pink Truth
Facts, opinions, and the real story behind Mary Kay Cosmetics.

Little White Lies in Mary Kay
Oct 24th 2012, 11:00
Written by Raisinberry Well I think I may have figured out why many of us lingered too long at the Mary Kay dance before coming to our senses. I have been thinking over this past year that I can't believe a woman like me, reasonably intelligent, would have fallen for the hype for so many [...]
Two things come to mind about this post that confused me to the point of making the entire thing seem pointless.

1.  "I am in my first year" when you have only done two or three classes is not a white lie.  It is not a lie at all.  It is true.  "Borrowing" someone else's "I-story" is lying.  I personally don't get the whole "white lie" concept.  Either you are telling the truth or you are not.
2. Did I miss where raisinberry explains why she lied?  I don't see it anywhere. This doesn't sound like a slow spiral downward, it sounds like someone who made a conscious decision to be dishonest.  Was she prompted to do so by someone she thought she could trust? Sounds like it.  Is it a problem that women in Mary Kay are encouraging this behavior?  Of course.  Does it in any way negate raisinberry's ability to be an adult woman and choose for herself?  In my opinion, no.

The rest of the post is unreadable for all the white noise surrounding these discrepancies.

No comments:

Post a Comment