Monday, August 20, 2012

Pink Truth: The “Spiritual” Spin of Mary Kay

Pink Truth
Facts, opinions, and the real story behind Mary Kay Cosmetics.

The "Spiritual" Spin of Mary Kay
Aug 20th 2012, 09:00
Written by SuzyQ This was the hardest part for me.  I remember running into a director at a gas station after my first seminar in 1998.  I asked her "I don't get this part of making God my business partner."  She said "You will."  At that seminar I heard Cindy Williams say "God does not [...]
I will agree with SuzyQ on one thing she said.  "This was(is) the hardest part for me (as well)".  It is awful anytime the name of God is invoked to accomplish selfish, personal objectives. Period.

SOME in Mary Kay do it.
SOME on Pink Truth do it.
MOST of us (those that aim to follow Christ in our day to day lives) have done it.

It is an unfortunate, disappointing sign of our fallen nature.

I do find it interesting however that a business has managed to bring together Christians from so many denominations in a 'spirit' (if you will) of cooperation and tolerance.

SuzyQ mentions, for instance, that her Priest suggested that she "had the "saved" thing covered" when she was baptized as an infant.  My background suggests that salvation is a personal choice that each individual must make.

Right or wrong, that is a considerable difference of belief.  She also mentioned a Catholic woman being a part of her experience. What a wonderful way to open yourself to hear and see things that may help deepen your faith and walk.

My pastor always said that listening to any sermon is like eating chicken.  You eat the meat and throw out the bones.  Whatever you hear that resonates with your spirit and what you believe God is speaking (filtered through the wisdom of scripture) you eat and whatever comes off as being 'human' or askew with the Word of God you toss out.  (My tradition also believes that the pastor is a fallible human just like me, not a deity so even the sermon could have 'mistakes' in it.)

Our relationships with people (and business opportunities) ought to be the same way.  If you refuse to ever work with people that sin, you might as well go apply for welfare because you will never work.  But, there again, you would be accepting money from the government and this post is already to long for me to get into how much worse THAT would be!

No comments:

Post a Comment