Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pink Truth: Real Numbers on DIQ from a Former Mary Kay Director

Pink Truth
Facts, opinions, and the real story behind Mary Kay Cosmetics.
Real Numbers on DIQ from a Former Mary Kay Director
Jan 17th 2012, 12:00
Written by Pinkslipping

Why do I share this? Because I’m not an exception to DIQ – I was the standard!!

Not to make excuses, but I was being led by my senior and her senior by with sayings such as “you are a find a way, make a way gal“, “you’ll never work as hard [...]
It breaks my heart to read posts like this.  I don't think I even need to say anything about it because Pinkslipping spells it out.  She used her own money to "buy people in" to her unit.  This is not recruiting and not selling.

In my mind (and I am sure Mary Kay Corporate as well) this is not (or was not) a director.  Yes, she held the title, but she did not recruit team members.  It is quite obvious why this was not a money making venture.

Also, (and I hate to add insult to injury) I don't see in her quotes from her directors any mention of using her own money to "find a way make a way".  I am sure her recruiter did not use HER personal money to get her started.

Side note, I have wondered (when presented with opportunities like this) why this person that is making tons of money couldn't "spot me" the money needed to get started. There is a whole discussion line there!

Pink Slipping, from all of us here, I am sorry this happened to you.  I hope that you are able to find ways to recover what you lost.

1 comment:

  1. It's because of stories like this that I wish there was a mechanism to weed out unethical and predatory recruiters or directors. I have never been pressured like that (of course, I have no goals for DIQ, either), and other than an introductory discussion about what popular products to order, I was never pushed. I had already talked to my first orders, and THAT is what I ordered. I did it on my own, before meeting with my director, if only because of extenuating circumstances at the time.

    ReplyDelete