Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A little snippet of comments from Pink Truth


Wow, I own my own bizz that does exceptionally well. Not to toot my own horn. I invested in myself because that’s what I chose to do. In Mary Kay its a choice u make sorry u went into debt, maybe it wasn’t for you. My knowledge however is that it takes money to make money in any situation. I dont take what your saying lightly in do respect your opinion.
I’m just wondering if u were successful at it would u be complaining. Just a question. I considered at one point investing money into mk so the p.o.v. are helpful. But don’t ridicule me because I’m hypothetically speaking
POSTED BY TANISHA W | DECEMBER 14, 2011, 12:12 AM
  • You are a liar. You do not respect the opinions of our members. I’m not sure why you’re here, because it sounds like you were never in Mary Kay and you have no understanding about how MK works. Take your insults elsewhere.
    POSTED BY TRACY | DECEMBER 14, 2011, 12:27 AM
  • If you have never been in MK, then you don’t know from where you speak. While I will agree with you that it takes money to make money, I’m sure you will agree that encouraging a ridiculously large amount of inventory (and by this I mean an amount that would actually sell in a reasonable amount of time) to a new consultant is not a wise business decision. I’m sure you will also agree that turning your client into your competition is not a wise move.
    That aside, if you’ll take time to actually read here, instead of insulting us, you’ll learn of other business practices that are absolutely absurd.
    By the way, many of the women who are here are successful business owners, myself included. I know beyond any doubt that if I treated our clients as MK’ers are frequently encouraged to treat theirs, I would start losing clients more quickly than I could find new ones.
    You mention you are a business owner. I am going to assume that this is not a an MLM “business”. Would you consider starting a business with no knowledge of your competition as a wise business decision? For the record, when I started, no one bothered to tell me there were 3 other units in my town of 65,000. That’s not including Avon.
    Would you consider doing attempting to tell someone what colors look right on them or what skin care is right for their skin when you haven’t been trained in how skin tones affect makeup appearance or what factors influence skin type as being “professional”?
    Is lying to your future employees regarding benefits an accepted business practice I am not aware of? That car that the recruiter mentioned……..she didn’t tell you that it was possible to lose it or that you may have to make copays. The diamonds…….she didn’t tell you that the gold was worth more than those diamond chips ever will be.
    Your recruiter won’t tell you that you can’t advertise YOUR business in your own ways. Restrictions? You better believe they are there. The average IBC can’t advertise in the yellow pages. That’s only the tip of the iceberg. You’ll be expected to wear a skirt and closed toe shoes. You can’t use the MK logo as you please, which is understandable, but you can’t choose your own either.
    The contract may be black and white, but the scripts spouted by the recruiters are full of lies and half truths.
    To address the rest of your comment: Would I complain if I had succeeded? Absolutely. But I didn’t exactly fail or succeed. I got smart and quit. I tried to be an ethical consultant, and found out very quickly that telling the truth makes potential recruits run like hell. Don’t assume we all went into debt. I didn’t because I used my debit card for everything and didn’t take out any loans (though I was encouraged to buy inventory). MK does more than financial harm though. It damages relationships with friends and family,moral integrity, self esteem – the list continues. Pink Truth provides a very valuable place for the women who have been burned by this MLM (and that is exactly what it is) to come to and begin the healing process. Don’t insult what you don’t understand.
    POSTED BY EXKAYBOT | DECEMBER 14, 2011, 12:32 PM
    • The average IBC can’t advertise in the yellow pages – ugh…….sorry…did some cleanup and lost a sentence. I intended to mention that at a certain level in the hierarchy, you can put an ad in the yellow pages, but even that has to be done in an approved format.
      POSTED BY EXKAYBOT | DECEMBER 14, 2011, 12:36 PM
Anyone else amazed by Tracy's boldness in saying this person is a liar?

1 comment:

  1. In all honesty, I didn't really catch an insulting tone. Perhaps it was meant to be snippy (and the lack of a spelled-out "you" did drive me to distraction), but there are many things that are posted and immediately ripped apart in a less than respectful way.

    What I can't figure out is which part is s/he supposed to be lying about? Being successful? Almost investing in MK? Not investing in MK?

    ReplyDelete