Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pink Truth: 10 Big-Girl Panty Issues: A Prospect’s Perspective on Mary Kay

Pink Truth
Facts, opinions, and the real story behind Mary Kay Cosmetics.
10 Big-Girl Panty Issues: A Prospect's Perspective on Mary Kay
Dec 29th 2011, 12:00
Written by The Scribbler

I've never been in Mary Kay Cosmetics. I've sat through recruiting attempts and attended a unit meeting once, but never signed the dotted line. I can thank my most recent recruiting attempt for helping me stumble onto Pink Truth, but I didn't stop there.

Over time I hit as many director [...]
I think I will forward this to Balanced Mary Kay as this article has some points on it that should be featured over there.

I will say that for someone who claims to love writing because it allows her to disconnect from work and be present with family or neighbors (see the end of the article) I find the obsessive behavior at the beginning interesting.

For someone that (admirably) admits to having never been involved in Mary Kay --- keep in mind this is grounds for excommunication according to Pink Truth's website --  she seems to spend a lot of time 'researching' Mary Kay.

Look at Balanced later to hopefully see a more detailed digesting of these accusations.  I will link to the post here if and when it gets posted. 

1 comment:

  1. What I found really interesting about that article is that the author admits to never being in MK; yet (and again, I should stop reading the comments sometimes) when someone advocating moderation regarding people who were not whole-heartedly anti-MK was attacked, it was "it sounds like you've never been in MK, so don't speak until you know what you're talking about."

    How come that doesn't apply here? I don't think you have to be in something to write about. I just don't think you can have it both ways.

    ReplyDelete