Monday, December 12, 2011

Pink Truth: A Mary Kay Fairy Tale

Pink Truth
Facts, opinions, and the real story behind Mary Kay Cosmetics.
A Mary Kay Fairy Tale
Dec 12th 2011, 12:00
Written by ??? Once upon time there was beautiful, smart, loving woman.  She had a wonderful husband and a young family.  All she wanted was to be a good wife and mom.  Being a young mom was hard, and it was often a thankless job.  She felt isolated from other woman, especially from women who [...]
I see what this writer was trying to accomplish here, but this is just absurd.

1. Assuming that "buying" your PHD from this odd college/university (both terms were used) is analogous to "buying" NSD, that is beyond "stretching" the truth, as I am sure no one (not even the REALLY crazy ones) suggests that someone buy enough wholesale product to become NSD.
2. I was very distracted by the lack of the use of the plural word (women) for woman.
3. One of the biggest things I don't understand about people in Mary Kay or on Pink Truth is this concept of buying more inventory to make up for a lack of sold inventory.

Now as far as initial inventory goes, but as much as you are comfortable throwing away.  You may or may not like Mary Kay as a business opportunity and the amount of work that is going to be involved returning your product will likely be daunting, so assume that you are going to just throw it all away if this "doesn't work out" and place your order accordingly.

After that initial purchase though, you should only ever spend money that you are making from sales.  I have seen this pointed out all over the place and have yet to hear a good explanation of why people act otherwise.

Director calls you -
SD: I need you to place an order for...
YOU: I don't need any product right now
SD: But you could get...
YOU: I don't need any product right now, thanks though.
SD: But our unit needs you to help...
YOU: I don't need any product right now, sorry
SD: please..... :(
YOU: Now your begging... I have to go make some sales calls so that I can move some product and actually be ready to place an order that I need.

I don't understand what is so hard about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment