Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pink Truth: My Letter to my Mary Kay National Sales Director

Pink Truth
Facts, opinions, and the real story behind Mary Kay Cosmetics.
My Letter to my Mary Kay National Sales Director
Dec 8th 2011, 12:00
Written by Pink_Plunge

I wrote this letter to my nsd as I was leaving Mary Kay. I was hoping for honest answers to my questions and concerns. As you probably expected, I didn’t really get any.

I am writing this email to you to explain why I have decided to quit Mary Kay. You’ll notice [...]
Two huge problems with Pink Truth are illustrated marvelously here.

1. The assumption that you can get "answers" by hurling a page (or more) of accusations at someone and expect them to write all those answers back to you.
2. The hypocritical belief that Mary Kay should "answer" to Pink Truth while Pink Truth ignores/covers up/deletes questions directed at them.  Difference being that Pink Truth asks questions based on hearsay and conjecture and won't listen to answers.  The questions that people have tried to ask Pink Truth are directly connected to the post in question.  Mary Kay people (in my observation) try to answer questions and Pink Truth just bans you.

No doubt, Mary Kay consultants and directors surely avoid answering questions directly when they don't know the answer or think the answer makes them or Mary Kay look bad.  Who wouldn't.  That does not excuse it, if you are involved in Mary Kay, you should strive to present the most honest picture of Mary Kay that you can.  However, even in their vague, beat-around-the-bush, way, at least they answer questions.  Pink Truth will simply ban you and kick you out.  They cry about Mary Kay expecting people to sell a certain volume to maintain a discount status, but they straight up block you from even talking if you step out of line.  I guess that is the cost of being a part of the "cool rebel team".

No comments:

Post a Comment